A bedroom is the most important space of your home as after the day’s turmoil, we all would like to take rest in a space that is calming and comforting. Taking scenario of today’s increasing rental space and low carpet area, we tend to satisfy nesting in smaller rooms. But, with some sense of style and cool tips, we can get rid of that problem and make our bedroom look spacious and airy.
Here are some of these interesting tips:
- The most prominent and easiest way to make the bedroom look bigger is to have light coloured paint on the walls. Light or pastel colour or an off-white wall reflects the light and makes it look bigger; while a dark colour absorbs light and creates an illusion of a smaller space.
- The second most effective way to make a room look open is to expose the legs of the furniture present in the bedroom which in turn creates more floor space for the eyes to move on. You can visit couchlane.com for interesting beds that can completely remodel your bedroom and create your signature style.
- Making taller headboards for the bed creates an effect of vertical space. The best part is to create shelves in the head rest area which will not only create space to store important items of the house but also it can help elevate the design aspects of the room. The shelving doubles as a bedside table, saving space in that regard, also having the bed recessed, creates an illusion of depth in the wall, making the small room feel bigger.
- Using space saving furniture is a great way to make the bedroom look clutter free. Obviously, the less furniture that you have in your bedroom, the bigger it will look. A simple solution would be raising your bed with risers and then storing your clothes beneath. You can also purchase beds with built in storage beneath. Also, utilize folding desks and chairs and store them when you aren’t using them.
- Mirrors on the wall are one of the most effective ways to create an illusion of space. The mirror creates reflection and maximizes the light in the room. Simply placing a mirror somewhere that can reflect a window will instantly give rooms a spacious feel.
- Adorning the lighting arrangement can make a huge difference in the overall look of the bedroom. Instead of having a lone source light in the middle of your ceiling, try using several smaller lamps around the room. Also, avoid lamps with a stand. Instead, use wall mount lamps or lamps placed near your bedside table or on the mounted shelves.