Pets at home are a blessing. Unlike fellow humans, they do not judge, and love us unconditionally. Their love is pure and unbiased. They not only give us a mental support but a mere physical presence on a lonely day, can bring back the cheer on our face. So, if we decide to keep pets at home, we better make our home comfortable and pet friendly.
If you are planning to get a fur baby home, let us help you with a few ideas that you will thank us later.
- Avoid using too many rugs on the floor as this disturbs the pet to move freely. If you have cats or dogs at home, the carpets can turn into breeding grounds for bugs.
- Avoid storing or piling anything under an open cabinet/ bed where the pet can easily have access to.
- If you have an open wardrobe/closet/ shelf, you must empty the last rack so that there is no mess with your clothes or shoes later
- Try getting wall hangings for decor instead of stack pillar shelf so that while the pet moves around, your show piece is absolutely fine. Stock your precious and fragile items high.
- Create a cosy corner for the pet with some stuffed toys and a comfortable CouchLane’s custom made Ottoman or a pouffe.
- CouchLane’s consoles with straight geometrical designs help to keep it mess free and your pet can easily lounge around.
- Avoid open lids, open wires and cactus plants that can cause an accident. Use only pet friendly indoor plants like Spider plants, Parlor Palm, Areca Palm, etc.
- Wooden flooring is usually slippery. Pets love to run around and wooden flooring may cause serious injury. So, avoid it. Hard flooring and anti-skid tiles are ideal for homes with pets.
- People with dogs or cats at home, are likely to find that their sofas are covered with hair, no matter how often they vacuum the house. Hence, opt for sofa covers that can be taken off and washed occasionally. Alternatively, you can check out couchlane.com for pet friendly upholstery options for your furniture.
- Cats and kittens tend to scratch, to sharpen their claws. Buy a scratch pad, so that they do not scratch your furniture.
- If you have a cat or dog at home, you should avoid white or light coloured upholstery. Whether it is pillow covers, curtains, or any such fabric, make sure it is not white or light in colour preferably. You also get scratch-free materials in the market. You can have faux leather sofas and furniture which are easy to clean and do not absorb odour.
- Periodically deep clean your home with a vacuum cleaner to eliminate fur and dander, which could trigger allergies.